A Quick and Dirty Cleanse

Posted in Cleansing, Infection Killing Protocol, Morale, and Useful Tips

For those of you who really need to do a cleanse but feel overwhelmed by the whole process, here’s something you should be able to manage more easily.

If you don’t suffer from chronic constipation, you can simply wake up 2 hours early and drink a teaspoon of charcoal stirred into 12 oz of water, go back to bed till your usual rising time, and then go about your day, making sure you don’t eat anything, or drink anything but water within 2 hours of having taken the charcoal. Make sure to drink 8 oz water per waking hour the rest of the day.

(If you’re on strictly scheduled prescription meds, consider setting an alarm to wake you in the middle of the night to take charcoal, when it won’t come anywhere close to them.)

Take probiotics alongside your food/natural meds, take a morning dose of charcoal every day for a week, and you’ll have cleared massive amounts of Candida from your upper gut by that time. If at all possible, take something (like mag citrate or saline) to completely clear your gut on the first day you have off work, and take a large dose of charcoal, like a tablespoon stirred into a glass of water. Keep well hydrated (8 oz water per waking hour), and it’ll sweep through your empty gut and rid you of the last of the Candida in your colon.

If your response to natural meds is constipation, you have a bad Candida problem that NEEDS a can of whoop-*ss opened on it with a full cleanse, ASAP. Nothing you’re taking is going to make it into your bloodstream enough to affect any infection.

Some people have great results with a salt water flush, but if you drink sole on a regular basis, you may be immune to its effects. I heat about 20 oz water to the steaming point, stir 1.5 tsp of (finely ground) sea salt or pink salt into it, and down the hatch while it’s still quite warm.
Do this first thing in the morning when you don’t have to go anywhere till lunch time: you should have to go to the bathroom in about an hour, and you should go a few more times in the 90 minutes after the first time.

As soon as you’ve gone 3x, you can take a big dose of charcoal, like 1 tablespoon stirred into a large glass of water. Drink 8 oz of water every hour after that for the rest of the day, and resume normal eating, meds-taking, and probiotics 2 hours after that dose of charcoal.

If saline solution doesn’t work for you, go for the mag citrate, or whatever else works. Once you’ve cleared your gut out one time, it’s MUCH easier the next time. I was apprehensive the first time I did this, and it turned out to be so easy, and so incredibly efficacious, that I was kicking myself for not having done it sooner.
A charcoal cleanse will clear more Candida out of you in one day than anything else can in weeks.

As I explained elsewhere, charcoal is never absorbed by your body, so it keeps working all the way through your gut, unlike everything else. And because it sucks Candida up whole, you don’t have to deal with die-off symptoms.

(Unless you have Candida so deeply embedded in your intestinal wall that charcoal just removes the top layer, which sends what’s left into shock. If you experience die-off after a dose of charcoal, that’s what’s happening. However, this is very rare, and it IS fixable.)

I know some of you out there have read this blog and tried some things, and all the natural meds did was make you miserable without fixing anything. That means you have a nasty case of Candida, and I’m sorry, but until you deal with that this crap will continue to haunt you.

If that’s you, and you haven’t nerved yourself to do even a little bit of cleansing, I’m here to tell you to come out of that fetal position and
GO. TO. WAR.
You’ve been invaded by hostile forces and they’re holding you hostage both physically and emotionally.
Candida saps your will to fight for your health, and the only way to get it back is to fight for it.
I know this from my own painful experience.

Stand up and fight for your life. You’re the only one who can.

kick ass

1. Ghazal
    Ghazal

Hello Rebekah,
    You are an angel for our entire family.
    Your phrase “Nothing you’re taking is going to make it into your bloodstream enough to affect any infection” is eye opening one, I think its not only true for natural medicines but allopathy & other stuff as well. Once we cleanse our digestive system, all medicines efficacy may increase as well as the foods nutrients may better absorb in blood. And for sure, all natural infections killers can work promptly to attack on uti.

April 21, 2017

Hello, dear!
      Is your mother well?

April 21, 2017
  2. Anita
    Anita

Hi!
    I’m not sure I understood the instruction well. We are suppost to take charcoal 2 hours before wakeing up and after we went to toilet (with or witout a little push with mag citrate, hot wather, saline)? Take probiotcs with our meals and that’s it? Or is there somthing else that I missed?
    Kind regards,
    Anita

April 22, 2017

If you do NOT have any problem with constipation, and you’re disciplined about drinking water, you can wake two hours early, take charcoal and water, and go back to bed.
      Do everything the same as usual the rest of the day, making sure to drink enough water.
      As soon as you can, do a full cleanse by cleaning your gut out with magnesium citrate, and taking a large dose or two of charcoal, as described.

April 22, 2017
  3. Tracy Elle
    Tracy Elle

Is it better to take the activated charcoal pill or the coconut charcoal powder? What’s most effective?

May 23, 2017

I’ve found both to be equally effective: I just recommend the powder because it’s a far, far better deal, and easier to make poultices with, too.

May 23, 2017
  4. Karen
    Karen

Will I notice when the candida is gone? How will I know when enough is enough!

June 6, 2017

You’re done when you wake up every morning feeling rested and clear-headed, you have no more brain fog, carb cravings, mid-afternoon crashes, you don’t get irritable or shaky when you’re hungry, your PMS vanishes, your periods are virtually painless, your nails stop breaking, your scalp stops itching, your head stops aching, and your digestion is perfect.
      You can message me on FB if you want to chat about where you are, and if you think you’ve plateaued short of the goal, for some reason.

June 6, 2017
  5. Jess
    Jess

I woke up early and took the recommended dose of charcoal and went back to sleep. I did have a BM like normal but only one so I didn’t do the charcoal again but still took my natural meds both days with no die off. Today is day 3 and I now have loose stools. So I think it kinda works itself out. So don’t be discouraged. I am going to take another large dose of charcoal and just keep up with the meds. If I have loose stools I will do the charcoal. If I don’t then I will skip that next day so I don’t get clogged LOL

June 16, 2017

GREAT JOB, Jess!

*fist bump*

June 16, 2017
      Ilsa

Jess,

I am curious what meds you’re taking…And to confirm: you’re taking one tsp. of charcoal first thing daily, two hours before anything else?

June 16, 2017
        Jess

Hi Ilsa, yes I made the glass of charcoal water the night before with a lid and something to stir it with. I set my alarm for two hours before I normally wake up. Alarm went off I stirred, guzzled and went right back to sleep. I rotate meds every 4 days. I take OLE, pau de arco, goldenseal. I still try to get in a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil everyday. Plain Coconut bullets at night. I don’t exhibit symptoms like most people. But I just finished 10 days of antibiotics so I know I need to try to cleanse. So if I have a BM then I take the charcoal the next morning, if I don’t because I’m not always that regular then I skip the charcoal but try to continue taking the pills.
        I did the hardcore cleanse with the magnesium last fall and it didn’t go well. I was throwing up the magnesium.
        Hope this helps!

June 17, 2017
          Ilsa

Thanks for the detail, Jess! How have things gone since 6/17?

June 24, 2017
            Jess

Ilsa, I am in the same boat as you. I am constipated and so I haven’t been able to take the charcoal. I think I was getting rid of stuff because I woke up one day with a lot of symptoms that I didn’t have before. And when I took my OLE that day I had some die off symptoms. Rebecca, where do we go from here?

June 24, 2017

There’s a couple of things that could be in play…

1. You may simply need more water: charcoal uses a lot to work its magic. Or, if you’re drinking plenty of water (8 oz per waking hour), you may need..
            2. Cardio exercise. If you’ve got a job that involves a lot of sitting, you probably need to get your heart rate up for 20-30 minutes a day to speed peristalsis.

Meanwhile, it’s fine to take milk of magnesia once a day to give things a kick in the tail, so to speak. Get that charcoal flowing rapidly through you with plenty of water, and take a probiotic every day, and your gut roars to life.
            People who’ve struggled with gut issues would be well served by using L-glutamine, DGL, and digestive enzymes for a while, too.
            They regenerate the gut lining and promote proper digestion and adrenal function.

June 24, 2017
  6. Ilsa
    Ilsa

Hi Rebekah, I think I’m in day six of this. Up to nine blobs of horseradish (3x the first day’s dose). I stopped taking my evening dose of mag citrate capsules, worried that it would interfere with the candida-busting.I’m also taking one cap of Vitacost caprylic acid with each meal. Also one Instant Digest per meal.(does that have to be taken before food, or can it be with food?)I’d like to see more evidence of something happening before I start the big cleanse. Is there something else I can add? I’m teetering on the edge of constipation…I think that I’ve lost some fluid and I have a rash on one leg, but I don’t see much else. My vaginal/urethral burning went away yesterday, but it’s back today-maybe not as severe as before, but it’s not gone. And I’ve been using coconut bullets for over a week, with OLE for the past three nights. Any thoughts? TIA!

June 23, 2017
  7. […] Activated charcoal….there is an entire protocol that my good friend and herbalist Rebekah Whitter has created.  This is KEY to make sure that you are not harboring candida toxins that could be inhibiting your ability to fight infections.  This is also a very strong detox protocol to help you deal with the die off/herx you will experience as you kill off these pathogens!  Check out this site for more info: http://pantrypharmacy.com/2017/04/07/a-quick-and-dirty-cleanse […]

July 23, 2017
  8. Malika Victor
    Malika Victor

Hey Rebekah! I just found your website and joined the facebook group hoping to find some relief for my symptoms! I’m not sure if I have candida or not but since I’ve been having some frequent UTI’s I’ll assume I do. Is doing the quick and dirty cleanse effective for clearing candida and UTI symptoms or should I just do Phase I? I’m currently a student so my schedule might not allow for all that but if I have to, I’ll do it.
    Youre also right in that it is a little confusing!

August 19, 2017

I would start Phase I immediately, and incorporate the Quick and Dirty when you get the charcoal.
      Your UTIs are caused by E. coli, right?

August 19, 2017
        Malika Victor

I’ve no idea! I was never told by the doctor which bacteria it was last time I was tested for a UTI – about 3 weeks ago. I had symptoms even after my last dosage of antibiotics but when I was tested again they found no bacteria. I heard about Dmannose and started taking that yesterday – 500mg every 2/3 hours, even during the night. My symptoms have been reduced with just that. I also tried your baking soda in water remedy and started peeing very very frequently right after – like every half hour with a lot of liquid until it just stopped.

If I’m starting phase one, can I eat fairly regularly? I have a very delicate diet and very delicate wallet – I’ve been reading up on this site but so many different things are recommended and vetoed and it seems to vary upon further research.

I have to order the OLE, so far what I can do is lemon water, baking soda water, garlic and cayenne pepper. Is that good enough until I can get all the supplements?

August 19, 2017

Yes, the different bacteria that cause UTIs react differently to these things.
          Most UTI-causing bacteria feed on acid and stop feeding in alkaline urine, but others thrive in alkaline urine and are killed in acid.
          You can tell which type you have by your urine test strip results, and how your symptoms respond to the various remedies.
          You’re describing an E. coli infection, and everything in Phase I and II will work for you, as well as the alkaline diet post.
          You’re on the right track!

August 19, 2017
            Malika Victor

Okay thank you for your help! Right now I don’t have access to too much of the alkaline foods as I don’t do the food shopping in my house. Will not eating it completely negate all the rest of the treatment? I’m currently doing the garlic cloves and chili pepper with every meal but they haven’t been alkaline. I’m staying away from sweets(except cough drops), juices, fruits and tomato products. I’m also doing the lemon water all day. But other than that I’m continuing my regular diet. Btw, I’m lactose intolerant and a pescatarian. I can only have Greek yogurt of all dairy products.

August 19, 2017

A pescatarian diet is good! ?
            The only thing that would negate the natural meds would be drinking alcohol or eating sugar all day long: I think you’ll be just fine!

August 19, 2017
        Malika Victor

Hello Rebekah! now, this may be tmi but after doing the garlic cloves, cayenne pepper, baking soda water, d mannose and lemon water, my most recent bowel movement has had these white fuzzy looking patches on them. Are those a sign that I’m killing off something?? Should I continue with the protocol until my OLE and charcoal arrive??

August 20, 2017

Wow….yes! Keep going!
          Candida is white, but usually slimy. ?

August 20, 2017
  9. Randi
    Randi

I’ve read this blog so many times, but I’m not sure I am doing what I should be–I’m tired. Could you please help me figure out what to do? I have a leukocytes only or gram-positive infection (though I don’t know what strain). I think that means that I should be doing more acidic remedies (Vitamin C) vs more alkaline remedies (baking soda water). I did the Shock and Awe on Sunday. Monday I felt like I still had die off symptoms. Which I think means I should do more charcoal. Should I do the Q and D cleanse this week? I read that O.L.E. works better without food. Should I follow the instructions for the after charcoal part of Shock and Awe and then do another Shock and Awe on Saturday? Today I seemed to have more leukocytes on the urine test than my previous tests, so I’m frustrated, but I really want to succeed. Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer!

September 26, 2017
  10. Anna Linn
    Anna Linn

Hi Rebekah,
    I’m currently on antibiotics (again) after getting a UTI beginning of September, which I believe never went away. I’m on my 6th day of antibiotics and I still have some burning down there after I’ve peed.
    Also, I called back yesterday to get my test results back and my urine was negative for infection.. so, not sure what to do. I refuse to go back to the doctor to get more antibiotics.. Would you recommend the charcoal cleanse? What should my first steps be?

October 25, 2017