1. Empty your bladder every waking hour. Set a timer if you have to, but squeeze out every last drop once an hour.
2. Drink lemon water (1 T lemon juice in 16 oz water) all day long. Do not drink more than 8 oz water per waking hour *as a general rule of thumb*. 8 oz per hour is plenty to stay well-hydrated, but if you’re guzzling water like a camel in the desert you’re just diluting the effect of your UTI-killers. Remember this throughout your cure process. Also, you can make fruit-infused alkaline water, click here.
3. Take 1-2 cloves minced raw garlic with every meal, swallowing the pieces with water, like pills. Take it mid-meal, so there’s food above and below it in your stomach.
4. Take 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper with every meal. (If you tried it during the Emergency stage, and you feel it helped. It helps wonderfully with some types of infection, and irritates others!) You can mix it into a spoonful of honey to make it palatable. If you don’t think you can handle 1/4 tsp, take 1/8 tsp, and chase it with a glass of baking soda water (1/2 tsp in 8 oz water).
5. Buy Vitacost olive leaf extract capsules. They’re the best kind: they’re a great price, and they’re often on sale on the Vitacost website, which ships quickly. If you get the largest bottle, they ship free. Another effective brand is Swanson Super Strength.
Because of the near-symbiotic relationship between UTI’s and Candida, you have to start small and work your way up with OLE doses, because if you started out with the dosage needed to kill a UTI, you’d kill so much Candida that you would become quite violently ill in very short order. Start out with 1-2 capsules of OLE per meal, and if you get a headache or nausea, that means it’s working. The good news is that killing Candida reduces UTI symptoms. If you have no significant response to OLE at all, read this.
If you want to know what’s so awesome about OLE, read this.
6. Make your own tea from powdered cinnamon or ginger. Stir 4 tsp loose spice powder into 24 oz steaming hot water and pour the infused water off in 20 minutes, leaving the majority of the sediment behind. Drink 8 oz. 3 times a day. You can stir in a spoonful of honey, if desired, and add a bit of lemon juice to the ginger tea.
(Ginger irritates the hell out of one rare strain of E. coli. If your UTI feels worse after taking ginger or turmeric, stop taking them, and don’t take cayenne pepper, either.)
Both of these drinks kill Candida and will begin relieving your UTI symptoms while you wait for the big guns, OLE, to arrive in the mail.
7. Test yourself first thing every morning and take a picture of it at the 1, 2, and 5 minute marks. Click here for the best tests: they’re also less much expensive than what you’ll find in the store. Read this on how to decipher your test results.
Avoid like The Plague:
- Sugar in all its forms (fruit, soda, sweets)
- Tomato sauce, juice, or soup
- Cranberry juice
- Ascorbic acid Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate may be fine, DO use ascorbic acid if you have a staph or strep UTI)
I’m serious here, ladies. Beat him off with a stick if you have to, but if he’s all..
..then you need to be like…
You could tell him you have a headache. Or, tell him “You’ll get me pregnant.” and then he’ll have a headache.