Killing Candida: A Tutorial

Posted in Diet, and Useful Tips

This is for those of you who don’t currently have a UTI, but you’d like to clear your gut of Candida.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1. Activated charcoal must be taken with plain water, 2 hours after AND before eating, meaning it must be taken in the middle of a 4 hour fasting window in which nothing but water is consumed. It’s like a magnet, and you want it sucking up Candida and its toxins, not your food and supplements.
  2. Charcoal should NOT be taken until your bowels are moving loose and frequently, or it will cause constipation. Killing Candida with things listed in this post produces loose bowels in about 85% of people, within 2 days.
  3. If these things make you feel crappy, but your bowels do NOT get loose, you have a biofilm on that Candida, and it needs to be treated with the laxative/charcoal cleanse outlined in the Boot Camp post. If you don’t start getting loose bowels by morning of Day 3, you need to go the laxative/charcoal route.
  4. At some point, you’re going to start thinking that all this diarrhea is going to make you dehydrated, or something. As long as you’re consuming enough water (64 oz per day), it doesn’t matter how much is coming out of the other end, because it’s all retained fluid your body was using to dilute the Candida that’s now dead. This is where the major weight loss happens, and you’ll feel better and better with more and more energy as you go. It’s all toxins and retained fluid, unnecessary water weight, draining out of you.
  5. Google “Paleo diet” and do your best to adhere to it while you kill Candida. You’ll crave sweets less and less over time, so it’s not as difficult to stick to as you might think.
  6. It’s a great idea to switch things up and take 2 different kinds of these suggested Candida killers every day. Like, one day take OLE and coconut oil, the next day take caprylic acid and cinnamon tea, that sort of thing. Just make sure that you keep the quantities at the suggested levels, if at all possible.
  7. Drink 64 oz water per day, without fail. You can drink more if you want, but don’t drink less.

Day 1: Make yourself some cinnamon tea: 4 tsp cinnamon mixed into 24 oz steaming hot water. Steep for 20 minutes: don’t consume the grounds.
Drink 8 oz 3 times a day, between meals. Eat lightly, your emphasis should be on vegetables and protein. Shakes made with unsweetened whey protein powder are excellent. Continue to eat this way throughout the cleanse.

Day 2: Make another batch of tea and drink the same as the day before, take around 100 mg of oleuropein (Look at your bottle label to see how many mg of oleuropein each capsule contains) with each meal. It doesn’t have to be exact: don’t worry if it ends up a little more or a little less, depending on what size your capsules are. You can also take caprylic acid ( a capsule per meal), or a tablespoon of coconut oil. By the end of the day you’ll probably feel some die-off, like a headache, nausea, brain fog, or if you’re lucky, just loose stools.

Day 3: Cinnamon tea. 150 mg oleuropein, or 2 caprylic acid capsules, or 2 tablespoons coconut oil with breakfast, and if you feel okay, the same with lunch. If you’re feeling queasy and ill, take only 100 mg of OLE or 1 caprylic acid capsule or 1 tablespoon of oil. Repeat that dose at dinner, and if you start getting loose stools, you can take 1000 mg of charcoal with 12 oz water 2 hours after dinner. If loose stools continue, you can take another 1000 mg of charcoal at bedtime (again with 12 oz of water).

Day 4: The goal here is to increase to 200 mg oleuropein, or 2 caprylic acid capsules with breakfast and lunch, then if you feel okay, take 2 with dinner, as well. If you’re having the runs consistently, you can drop the cinnamon tea in between meals and take charcoal instead, 1500 mg with 12 oz plain water.

Day 5-10: Increase your doses of OLE/caprylic acid by a few capsules a day until you’re to 400 mg oleuropein/6 capsules caprylic acid per meal, and taking charcoal between meals and in the evening. If you wake in the middle of the night, take a dose of charcoal. As the runs continue, you can increase to 2000 mg of charcoal per dose, with 16 oz water, and the same if you wake in the night.

How long this goes on depends on how much Candida you have, how consistent you are about taking these things, (especially being careful to take the charcoal correctly), and whether or not you’re eating in a way that doesn’t feed Candida. When your bowels are running like crazy during Days 5-10, you can wake up 2 hours early in the morning, take 3500 mg of charcoal with 16 oz water (leave it on the nightstand), and go back to sleep. One big dose of activated charcoal per day on an empty gut will exponentially shorten the amount of time it takes to kill all the Candida.
Without it, this process can go on for a couple of months, and that’s a lot of supplements to buy.

When you’re taking all of this and your bowels go back to normal, no more runs, drop to half doses of charcoal and then spend a day taking 900 mg oleuropein per meal, or 10 capsules caprylic acid, and see if that produces the runs. If it does, you need to take several large doses of charcoal in a row to finish this off, like 4000 mg per dose, with 12 oz water, once per hour for 3 hours in a row, then wait 2 hours after the last dose before you eat anything. Drink plenty more water the rest of the day, and go get yourself some L-glutamine and probiotics to rebuild your gut with. Follow the instructions on the labels of what you get: there are brand recommendations in the Boot Camp post linked above.

Congratulations! You’re now filled with energy and most of your health problems are gone. From this point on your Candida shouldn’t get out of balance unless you take antibiotics, or a lot of hormones.

1. Trisha
    Trisha

Help!!! Could you possibly simplify this for the working girl Please!!
    It seems like a lot to take in. Not sure I can follow all of this.

August 10, 2016

This IS the simple version! 😁

Drink a cup of cinnamon tea 3x a day (between meals), and swallow a tablespoon of coconut oil with every meal, and see how you do.

August 10, 2016
  2. Gen
    Gen

will you recommend McCormick Cinnamon at all? Thank you!

August 26, 2016

Any cinnamon can be used as long as you don’t consume the grounds!
      You do want it to be as fresh and good quality as possible, though.

August 26, 2016
  3. Gen
    Gen

Do you recommend McCormick Cinnamon at all? Thank you!

August 26, 2016
  4. Lola Ritter
    Lola Ritter

I have just come across this site and have had many problems with UTIs, so would like to try your plan. I have been told by the doctors that I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, as I have had diarrhea now for three years and I know some of the problem is an allergy to wheat and milk, which also has been confirmed by doctors. I have been eliminating the foods that give me problems, but still have diarrhea that is not explained, so they call it irritable bowel. I have recurring UTIs and am wondering how to use this plan with my problems. I cannot use the magnesium, as I am already having bowel problems. Thank you for all the information on this site.

September 12, 2016
  5. Nancy
    Nancy

So I’m in the morning of day three.. I don’t feel sick or any different could it mean I don’t need to do this cleanse?

September 22, 2016
  6. Jess
    Jess

If I do the boot camp, will that kill the candida or do I need to do both this and the boot camp?

November 4, 2016
  7. Shelby S
    Shelby S

Is it necessary to stay at home while you do the cleanse or is it possible to leave the house and do things?

December 15, 2016
  8. Cecilia
    Cecilia

Can you boil cinnamon sticks and use that as your tea?

June 17, 2017

Yes, but it would take more, that way. For maximum potency, grate/grind them.
      And don’t drink more than a minimal amount of grounds: cassia cinnamon is toxic in large quantities, but that toxin isn’t water-soluble, which is why the tea is so good.

June 17, 2017
  9. Erika Bailey
    Erika Bailey

Please help! I need a candida cleanse, I have no doubt I have a huge buildup in my body. I have also suffered from recurring UTI’s for years and years. There is so much information here and I am left with two problems. I work full time and can’t take time off from work, so I have from Friday night to Sunday night to cleanse. AND, I can’t spend a fortune, I am a single mom with three teens. I can’t figure out what to do. Should I do the OLE/coconut bullet for a few nights, then something to clean myself out and then the activated charcoal? Will that work? Can I just drink a saline drink to cleanse, or something OTC? I want to do something, but it’s a bit overwhelming, and I am struggling to know where to start. I am so excited to have found this site though. I feel like there is a light over the horizon! Thank you.

July 25, 2017

An outline of the fastest way to proceed against Candida:
      1. Coconut oil bullet every night for vaginal yeast, if needed.
      2. Magnesium citrate saline laxative from any drugstore: it’s clear liquid in a 10 oz bottle that you drink all at once.
      3. Activated charcoal capsules from said drugstore. Take around 3500-5000 mg with 12 oz water when you’ve had watery 💩 3-4x. Wait an hour and repeat the charcoal and water.
      (Look closely at the charcoal you buy to see how many mg it contains per capsule, and do the math to make sure that you have enough to take two large doses. They’re typically 260mg per capsule.)

4. Keep well hydrated by drinking 16 oz lemon water upon waking every morning, and drink 8 oz water every time you void your bladder. This keeps your bowels moving well so that you can flush charcoal through your system to pick up Candida without die-off symptoms.
      The Quick and Dirty Cleanse post lays that out.

After that, taking things like OLE that kill Candida in your kidneys is relatively painless, because you’ve swept out the Candida in your gut that would have made you miserable.

July 25, 2017